Post a new article   Comment this article    Forum Index > Dance and the Child
View previous article :: View next article  
Posted by Text
Ti-Kwew

PostPost title: Comment by Hemali Ajmera
Posted: Tue 08 Feb, 2005 1:22 pm
Comment with quote

Dear Mamata Aunty,

Hope this finds you in the best of your health and spirits.

Today I finished reading at leisure Shishu Sadhana and watched the accompanying DVD over the weekend with Kahini. My heartiest congratulations to you for this wonderful gift you have given to the children of Kala Bharati.

The book is so informative that even to a lay person like me, who has very little background in classical dancing, it made very interesting read. The lucid and simple flow of language makes a complex subject like classical dancing very easy to understand and I am now more familiar with what my girls are learning at Kala Bharati. I think this is the best gift I have given them - to train them in Bharata Natya at Kala Bharati.

We also watched the DVD with rapt interest. Kahini was glued to the TV and was very excited when the doll story and animal tillana was performed by Srikanthbhaiya. Srikanthbhaiya's performance, movements and expressions were flawless.

I am disappointed that I missed the unveiling for this wonderful creative endeavour on 16th January. However, I want to convey my sincere appreciation to you for all that you and the teachers at Kala Bharati are doing for our children. I am sure the years spend at Kala Bharati will be one of the most treasured experiences of their lives.

My warm regards to Bans Uncle.

Regards,

Hemali Ajmera
neha

PostPost title: My thoughts on this gift of Shishu Sadhana
Posted: Sun 10 Apr, 2005 7:49 pm
Comment with quote

Namaste to all.

I'd like to extend my gratitude towards Mamata Aunty, for sharing with us this gift of her inspiring creation: Shish Sadhana. Watching the Shishu Sadhana, was an experience in itself. It was amazing to see how a Bharata Natya repertoire could be catered towards children, yet at the same time, demand challenges and skill that any repertoire would. I myself felt like a child watching the Shishu Sadhana DVD. The stories and emotions in the dances reminded me of the exact same feelings I experienced in similar situations as a small child, and even brought about those child-like feelings I can still experience in certain situations today.

I was captured by Aunty's creativity with and sensitivity towards a child's point of view, which was evident through the specific emotions a child would experience, movements expressing those emotions, and stories those movements and expressions collected together told. In addition, the repertoire allowed flexibility for a child to interpret his or her own expressions and feelings about the story. Srikanth bhaiya's successful transformation into a child depicted all these aspects Aunty incorporated beautifully. I felt that not only was this a repertoire for children, but even for those of us senior dancers that have the chance to explore our childhood and the "kid within us" through dance.

Currently having the opportunity to learn the Shishu Sadhana Jatiswara, to teach to some of the children in the dance school, already thrills me. The music and the dance together fit so harmoniously, in every item in fact. The music only compliments the dance further, with its own brilliance. I cannot say I have a favourite item out of the repertoire, because they are all so unique and innovative.

Thank you Aunty and Bans Uncle for your dedication, wisdom and passion. This ingenuity I have seen in the Shishu Sadhana, is like no other. I look forward to sharing with other children the Shishu Sadhana. It is a truly inspirational piece of art.

Love,
Neha
Nakrabm

PostPost title: Comments from Francoise Morin
Posted: Mon 18 Apr, 2005 8:30 pm
Comment with quote

Dear Mamata ji,
We are long overdue in expressing our gratitude to you for our copy of Shishu Sadhana. It is a truly inspiring work and a wonderful contribution to the dance world. My daughter Emily (now 6 years old) and I have spent many happy hours watching the dances. They are all highly imaginative and bring joy and delight to our lives.

Congratulations to you on such an extraordinary accomplishment and thank you so much.
With love,
Francoise Morin
Nakrabm

PostPost title: Comments from Lalitha Srinivasan
Posted: Tue 26 Apr, 2005 9:35 am
Comment with quote

Dear Mamta Niyogi Nakra

It was very kind of you to send me the book and CD. I went through the same and iam all appreciation for your work. I too have felt the need to teach simple things to beginners and i do plan particular items for them to learn and perform comfortably.

I have a Kannada Javali, a lyric very simple to imbibe tuned by a German band master at the Mysore Royal court in RAGA KUNTALAVARALI ADITALA. This was taught to my daughter by my Guru Dr Venkatalakshamma the doyen of Mysore school. The concept of Nayaka, Nayaki sakhi can be passed in an unadulterated manner in this Javali and also have a song where group of girls play ball in spring time.As Javali's originated in Karnataka and as you do not have a Kannada item along with other languages, this came across to my mind. If you are interesteed I shall pass it on to you so that you can add to your repertoire of Shishu Sadhana

All the best and more strength to your elbows to keep doing such good work.
with regards

Lalitha

LALITHA SRINIVASAN
DIRECTOR NUPURA SCHOOL OF BHARATHANATYAM
BANGALORE.[/b]
Nakrabm

PostPost title: Comments from Sanjib Bhattacharya (in Bengali)
Posted: Tue 26 Apr, 2005 9:54 am
Comment with quote

Respected mamataji and vansji,

Sobar prothom apnader janai notun bangla bochorer preeti ,subhechha o pronam.yogajog korte ektu deri holo bole khoma prarthi , marjona kore deben.

Apnake er ageo amar moner onubhutir kotha janiyechi apnar onobodyo sristi sishu sadhana sristir pichone apni je nirontor sadhona korechen ,amar mone hoy bhagwan apnar sadhonay santushtha houechen ar apnar ghoteche sidhhilav.

sotyi kotha bolte e bochor apnader songey alap ,porichoy etao bodh hoy bhobwaner lila,kenona jodi ebochor apni o apnar shishu sadhona jodi jante na partam tahole bodh hoy ekjon dedicated dancer hisebe onek oggo royejetam.

ami ekjon bangali classical dancer hisabe apnar sristi sadhona sudhu amake i noy amar mone hoy amar moto sokol honest dedicated dancer der kache ek notun digonto rochona koreche,ekjon nrityoshilpir sadhona o tar samajik dayittor bishoyeo sotorko koriye diyechen.

shishu sadhona apnar ek jugantokari abishkar ja onudhabon korte korte nrityoshilpi khuje pabe tar ontoratmake,e sukh jemon atmar songe poromatmar miloner moto,ba kono bikhy

ato kobir kobitay hariye giye natun kore nijeke khuje paoya.

kokhono amar mone hoyeche kabiguru rabidranather sahojpath,ba sukumar roy er abol tabol er murchonar pratichhabi bujhi sishu sadhana te tal, loy ,sure dhwanito,chandito hoyeche.

sishu sadhona ei namtiteo amake bhabiyeche,apnar lekhonite sishu sadhonar namkoroner pichone apnar je onubhutir kotha janiyechen kintu amar kache er byapti sudur prosarito,amar kache e namer onubhuti ektu onnorokom--- jmon amra chirokal guruder kache tader shiksa,tader parongomer kache chirokal i shishu roye jabo ,tasotteo amader nrityo sadhonar gyaner bipul bhandar chirokal dan kore jete hobe ekti sishur shaishab theke tar parinato obosthay take sadhonay sidhilav porjonto.ei monostatwik onubhuti hoeche ei sishi sadhonay.

aro onek kichu likhte ichhe korche ,eo jeno ek neshay peyeche ,shishu sadhona samporke bolte gele bodh hoy kotha sesh hobena ,lekhoni jeno jagroto hoye uthbe,je kono nrityoshilpi jeno amar moton khuje pabe tader notun disha, nabojato sishu o jeno sadhonar montre dikshito hoye uthbe ,ei driro biswas roilo.....................................

janina apna ke bojhate parlam kina,je word gulo bujhte parben na,segulo amay janaben ,ami janiye debo.

antorik pronam saho,

SANJIB
Nakrabm

PostPost title: comments from Nicole Thiffault
Posted: Thu 28 Apr, 2005 8:05 am
Comment with quote

Chère Mamata
Je veux vous remercier très sincèrement pour m'avoir offert ce merveilleux CD du repertoire Bharata Natya.

Il est d'un grand professionalisme et si près de nos coeurs, de nos rêves d'enfants peu importe notre âge.

Je l'ai fait voir et entendre à ma famille. Des adolescents on tenté d'imités certaines dances (mais à la manière d'un rap) et des plus petits (3ans, 6ans) ont particulièrement aimé l'histoire de la poupée et du ballon. Nous n'avons pas fini de le regarder et de l'apprécier.

Tant qu'à moi, je crois que je suis très près de votre culture, votre philosophie par mon âme!

Merci d'avoir crée cet oeuvre et félicitations à tous vos collaborateurs.
Amitiés - Nicole Thiffault
Nakrabm

PostPost title: Comments from Vyjayanthi Kashi of Bangalore
Posted: Thu 28 Apr, 2005 12:08 pm
Comment with quote

Dear Mamathaji,

It was a pleasant surprise and a very beautiful gesture to receive you letter accompanied with your wonderful work ‘Shishu Sadhana’ and the DVD. I heartily enjoyed going through the detailed work and must express and appreciate your activity and your concern for this divine ART.I have been hearing a lot about you and hope we could meet in person some time.

With Cultural Regards,

Vyjayanthi Kashi
Director School of kuchipudi, Bangalore
Nakrabm

PostPost title: Anusree Dutt, Film Maker, ex producer Doordarshan of Mumbai
Posted: Thu 28 Apr, 2005 12:33 pm
Comment with quote

16th April 2005
Bombay,India.

Dear Mamta mashie
The DVD entitled ‘Shishu Sadhana’ has been so prodigiously designed and choreographed that a new dimension of a classical Indian dance form has emerged as created by you. As a producer in Doordarshan I had the opportunity of recording several dancers who were featured in the national program of music and dance . The program only featured the divas and none of them ever presented a repertoire in which common human movements were so well blended with the classical Indian dance steps of Bharata Natyam.

Never before have I seen a repertoire so full of surprises, child like innocence, fun and yet so sublime. You have truly added a new page to the Natya Shastras.
The filming under your direction allowed the audiences to enjoy every movement and ex-pression.

Every child will truly appreciate and remember your pioneering, path breaking presentation and be inspired to learn and possess this bundle of joy as being a part of their unparalled repertoire.

I cannot forget the book which is so priceless and the attention to detail like the jacket which holds the DVD.I remember you mentioned to me how fond you were of good interesting stationery. I can now understand how deeply you appreciate and absorb all the little details of life only to create an excellent product for posterity to cherish and value always.

Mrs Anusree Dutt
Film maker and ex Producer Doordarshan,India.
Nakrabm

PostPost title:
Posted: Thu 28 Apr, 2005 6:50 pm
Comment with quote

Dear Mamata,
Arun sent me a copy of your delightful book and I was thrilled to go through it. I too run a dance school in Delhi, and am an exponent, teacher and choreographer. I always work with Arun and endorse the fact that he is a most valuable asset and so creative and wonderful to work with.

I do have family in Montreal and if I should visit would definately like to meet you. In the meantime please do look up details of my work on my website www.indiandancecentre.com

In December I conceived and choreographed a ballet titled NODDY IN NRITYALAND. It had lyrics in English which I wrote and set to fusion music of Western and Carnatic with the characters dancing to "shollukutus"! I am sure you would understand what fun I had conceiving it and my students performing! . It was a great success and I really also believe that young children need to perform to themes they can relate to even though the art form is traditional!. With best wishes, Jyotsna Shourie
Nakrabm

PostPost title: Rama Vaidyanathan is a Delhi based dancer and teacher
Posted: Mon 02 May, 2005 7:03 am
Comment with quote

Dear Aunty,
Thank you so much for remembering me and sending me a
copy of the Shishu Sadhana DVD. It is so well done and
the literature is so classy! I think what you have
given to the dance community by way of this work is
absolutely invaluable...

Just to tell you that I watched the DVD in several
sessions because I would spend a lot of time comparing
the literature with the dance. It was nice to see all
the Kalabharati people whom I know on screen !

I was so happy to see the care you have taken with the
entry and exits, Aunty. My kids watched it with me and
specially my nine year old Sannidhi liked the Tillana.
I particularly liked the movements of the peacock, its
something even adults can incorporate !

Thank you for gifting the Shishusadhana DVD to me. Its
one of my prized possesions.

Warm Regards,
Rama

Sent later:

Dear Mamata Aunty

I wish you all the best for the event on Shishu
Sadhana to be held on 29th May. I hope we will be able
to do something similiar in India too when you come
next. It would be very useful and informative for
dance teachers hear who can incorporate it into their
repertoir. I also feel Aunty that Shishu Sadhana
should nt be restristed only to Bharatanatyam but to
all forms of classical dance in India.
Warm Regards
Rama
Rama

Last edited by Nakrabm on Sat 21 May, 2005 8:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Post a new article   Comment this article    Forum Index > Dance and the Child All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: