Post a new articleComment this article Forum Index > Dance and the Child
View previous article :: View next article
Posted by Text
Nakrabm

PostPost title: annika Wiklund-Engblom Bharata Natya teacher from Finland
Posted: Wed 25 Oct, 2006 9:12 pm
Comment with quote

Dear Mamata,

Thank you so much for the book and DVD, and thank you for trusting me. .... The package arrived yesterday. Of course, I had to watch it immediately. What an fantastic approach to teach children the different items with their own world view in mind. Being a developmental psychologist and a pedagogue myself, I was so excited to see your work. Last week I got a question from my students about the religious aspect of Bharatanatyam (since all the students have a Christian background some might be a little bit hesitant thinking this is something that only should be danced by Hindus). Your repertoire of dance items for children more or less answers that question, and is a wonderful way of showing how you can adapt the Bharatanatyam technique for different purposes.

I am also only a student of dance myself, so your DVD will certainly help me in my own dance practice as well. Thanks again for doing such a wonderful job.

best regards,
Annika Wiklund-Engblom
Nakrabm

PostPost title: Usha and Virinder Dhir, Montrealers and wellwishers
Posted: Wed 01 Nov, 2006 5:03 pm
Comment with quote

Dear Mamtaji,
We cannot find the words to tell you what a superb “seva” you have done to the community and to our culture by bringing out this DVD, entitled Sishu Sadhana.
We have enjoyed reading your book on the “making of this DVD” and watching Srikanth dance so effortlessly with a profound expression which has done full justice to your creation. We must say that we too learnt a lot about Bharata Nathyam dance and the incredible planning and effort that goes in each act.
The theme selections are surely very attractive for young children. We wonder if you have approached elementary/primary schools in Montreal schools to show this DVD to the students.
Thank you very much for sharing this treasure with us,
With lots of Love & Regards,
Usha & Virinder Dhir
Post a new articleComment this article Forum Index > Dance and the Child All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: